CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £32.78
- £13.69Trending at £14.47
- £12.49Trending at £14.99
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £24.99Trending at £42.97
- £6.17Trending at £6.28
- £24.93Trending at £26.05
About this product
- DescriptionThe practice of medicine in the days before the development of anaesthetics could often be a brutal and painful experience. This book explores the idea of medical dispassion and shows how practitioners developed the intellectual, verbal and manual skill of being able to replace passion with equanimity and distance.
- Author BiographyLynda Payne is Professor in the Department of History, University of Missouri - Kansas City, USA.
- Author(s)Lynda Payne
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2007
- GenreMedicine: General
- Series TitleThe History of Medicine in Context
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 11 b&w illustrations
- Weight446 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Series Edited byDr. Andrew Cunningham,Professor Ole Peter Grell
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.