All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.11
- £9.22Trending at £9.33
- £24.56Trending at £25.98
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.72Trending at £15.97
About this product
- DescriptionBalancing the requirements of our working and home lives is an increasingly complex task. This volume assesses a range of existing quality-of-life programs implemented by employers that recognize the conflicts between our professional and family commitments.
- Author BiographyNORA P. REILLY is an organizational social psychologist (Ph.D., Dartmouth, 1985), Professor of Psychology, and Associate Dean of the College of Graduate and Professional Studies at Radford University in Virginia, US. She has published in the areas of quality of work life, the behavioral expression of commitment, perceptions of/reactions to stigmatizing conditions in the workplace and the self-regulation of affect in such outlets as The Journal of Vocational Behavior, Motivation and Emotion, Journal of Business and Psychology, Applied Research in Quality of Life, and The Academy of Management Journal, as well as serving on several editorial boards. Her teaching interests range from organizational psychology, applied social psychology, psychometrics, methodology, statistics and organization development. She has served as the coordinator of the master's program in industrial and organizational psychology at Radford as well as in numerous internal governance positions, including president of the faculty senate. She is currently responsible for graduate academic course and program reviews as well as the administration of graduate assistantships at Radford. She is a member of several professional organizations, including the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, where she served on the Education and Training Committee. Finally, she is an active OD consultant, primarily in the area of healthcare. She may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. M. JOSEPH SIRGY is a management psychologist (Ph.D., U/Massachusetts, 1979),Professor of Marketing, and Virginia Real estate Research Fellow at VirginiaPolytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech). He has publishedextensively in the area of consumer behavior, marketing/quality-of-life, andbusiness ethics. He is the author/editor of many books related to consumerbehavior, marketing communications, marketing and society, and quality of life. He co-founded the International Society for Quality-of-Life Studies (ISQOLS) in1995 and is currently serving as its Executive Director. In 1998, he received theDistinguished Fellow Award from ISQOLS. In 2003, ISQOLS honored him as theDistinguished QOL Researcher for research excellence and a record of lifetimeachievement in QOL research. He also served as President of the Academy ofMarketing Science from which he received the Distinguished Fellow Award in the early 1990's and the Harold Berkman Service Award in 2007 (lifetimeachievement award for serving the marketing professoriate). In the early 2000's,he helped co-found the Macromarketing Society and the Community IndicatorsConsortium and currently is serving as a board member of these twoprofessional associations. Furthermore, he is the current editor of the QOLsection in the Journal of Macromarketingand the editor-in-chief of Applied Researchin Quality of Life. He received the Virginia Tech's Pamplin Teaching ExcellenceAward/Holtzman Outstanding Educator Award and University Certificate ofTeaching Excellence in 2008. In 2010, ISQOLS honored him for excellence andlife-time time service to the society. Also, in 2010 he won the Best Paper Award inthe Journal of Happiness Studies. C. ALLEN GORMAN is the coordinator of the I/O Psychology Master's program at Radford University in Radford, VA. Allen received his B.A. in Psychology from the University of Georgia, his Master's in I/O Psychology from the University of Nebraska at Omaha, and his PhD in I/O Psychology from the University of Tennessee. His research on performance appraisal, training, and individual differences in work performance has been published in journals such as the Journal of Applied Psychology, the Journal of Vocational Behavior, and Performance Improvement Quarterly. Allen is a member of the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, the American Psychological Association, the Academy of Management, and the Society for Human Resource Management.
- Date of Publication31/05/2012
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleInternational Handbooks of Quality-of Life
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1106 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byC. Allen Gorman,Joseph Sirgy,Nora P. Reilly
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition Statement2012 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.