All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe presentation of fascial anatomy in this book provides a new context for applying knowledge of the anatomical body in a practical way that's relevant to movement. Applying fascial anatomy to yoga offers helps the yoga teacher understand in three dimensions how we really move. This enables the yoga teacher to work more creatively with clients.
- Author BiographyJoanne Avison is co-founder and director of the Art of Contemporary Yoga Teacher Training School, (AOCY) accredited worldwide by Yoga Alliance (USA), Yoga Federation of India, European Yoga Alliance and IPTI. She holds E-RYT500 status, ( E denotes Experience) with many thousands of registered teaching hours over the last two decades, accumulated all over the world since she started yoga teacher training in 1995. Joanne is also a Professional Structural Integrator (IASI) and as an early graduate of Tom Myer's KMI school (1999-2001), became a Certified Teacher of Kinesis, before designing the yoga teacher training programme. Her considerable experience in both movement and manual therapy inspired the school's unique approach to yoga and anatomy. Joanne is also a CMED Graduate (2004) and has studied extensively in human development as well as specialising in soft tissue and the links between archetypal behaviour and physiology. Her intensive studies include Human Dissection and movement research in Fascial Fitness with Robert Schleip. She is a certified Craniosacral Practitioner and her early background in art & design always informs her lively approach to teaching and learning. Her workshops and webinars are extremely informative, down-to-earth and practical. She devotes a lot of her time to the Diploma Course in The Art of Contemporary Yoga &the Science of Body Architecture. The 1 - 2 year certification is renowned in the UK and Europe for the highest qualification of Intermediate and Advanced Yoga Teachers. The course includes Applied Anatomy, Ancient Far Eastern Psychology, Restorative and Dynamic Yoga. Joanne currently teaches regular workshops and Webinars around the world on Structural Anatomy and Fascial Fitness.
- Author(s)J. Avison
- PublisherHandspring Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication14/01/2015
- GenreFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationPencaitland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHandspring Publishing Limited
- Content Note140 illustrations
- Weight914 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.67Trending at £3.79
- £12.88Trending at £16.17
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.98Trending at £10.45
- £7.72Trending at £9.99
- £11.10Trending at £15.01
- £54.14Trending at £82.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.