Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £31.22Trending at £32.42
- £24.56Trending at £26.99
- £20.99Trending at £24.98
- £16.56Trending at £25.20
- £14.56Trending at £17.05
- £20.36Trending at £23.13
- £17.28Trending at £22.50
About this product
- DescriptionEssential reading for students at all levels across the social sciences who want a lively, straightforward guide to planning their research project.
- Author BiographyNicholas Walliman is a qualified architect and Senior Lecturer in the School of the Built Environment at Oxford Brookes University and a researcher associate in the Oxford Institute for Sustainable Development. After many years of practice in architecture in the UK and abroad, he returned to academic life to do his PhD. This experience raised his interest in research theory and methods, and he was subsequently asked by the university to write a distance learning course to guide postgraduate students embarking on research degrees. This course provided the raw material and incentive for writing this book. He has subsequently published several other books on research theory and methods for students and practitioners at various levels of expertise. He is currently conducting research with a team of architects and environmental scientists as part of the Oxford Brookes Institute for Sustainable Development. They are engaged in nationally and internationally funded projects on a range of aspects of building technology, such as energy saving building envelope design, mitigation of the effects of floods on buildings and advanced construction methods. He has published numerous research papers on aspects of architectural technology. He is also supervising several PhD and Masters students. Despite this emphasis on science and technology, his work with research students covers many other aspects of architecture and its relationship to society, such as vernacular architecture, the effects of westernisation, architectural education, conservation, administration and sustainable design.
- Author(s)Nicholas Walliman
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication16/05/2011
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSage Study Skills Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Width186 mm
- Height232 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.