Over the last 160 years the name of John Richardson & Son is well known in our area for quality timber, joinery & funeral directors. The current team are very aware of this and in their own words they feel that they are the caretakers for the business and they are keen to improve their good name.
The modern facilities they now have on 3 sites have greatly improved their operation & working conditions for both the staff and the customers.
The firm was founded in 1852 by John Richardson as joinery contractors and timber specialists, their premises were at Scott Lane adjoining Morrisons new supermarket now, in those days most of the timber was home grown and this required them to buy staining timber which they then had felled using shire horses to snig out and deliver to three yard by horse and wagons to their yard, to cut the timber to size they firstly used a coal fired boiler which operated a large back saw this was changed in the early 1900's with the onset of electricity as a new
Location: United KingdomMember since: 02 Apr, 2008Seller: john-richardson-and-son
Business name: John Richardson&Son(Timber Merchants)LtdFirst name: GarrySurname: RooneyAddress: John Richardson and Son, CA11 8HS Penrith, United KingdomPhone number: 01768895000Fax number: 01768 899033Email: firstname.lastname@example.org