If the returned item is used, damaged, or missing any parts, or is damaged during return delivery because it wasn't packaged correctly, the seller might deduct from the refund to cover the loss in the item's value.
Read our full policy below for more details and specific requirements by listing category.
Frequently Asked Questions
I bought an item of clothing and removed the tags, then decided it was too small. Can I still return it and receive a full refund?
You can return the item if the seller accepts returns, but as it's no longer in the exact same condition as when you received it, the seller might deduct an amount from your refund to cover loss of value.
I sent an item back to the seller, but it got damaged at some point in the delivery process. Can I still get a full refund?
If the item was damaged due to it being insufficiently packed and protected for delivery, then the seller might deduct an amount from your refund for loss of value.
I returned an item immediately after receiving it and I didn't alter it in any way. The seller is claiming that it's not in the same condition as when it was sent to me. What should I do?
You can ask us to step in and help. Please see the eBay Money Back Guarantee policy for more information.
A buyer returned an item damaged, what should I do?
If you qualify to deduct an amount from the buyer's refund, you can deduct up to 50% from the refund for the loss in value of the item. Learn more about seller protections.
Condition of returns policy overview
Buyers may be liable for loss in value of the item if it's returned in a different condition from which it was received, or if the item is not packaged securely to prevent damage during delivery. In the event that an item is returned used or damaged, the seller might deduct the amount of loss from the buyer's refund.
This applies when the loss in value is due to handling of the goods which was not necessary for checking the condition, properties, or mode of operation.
Items that are returned after inspection through eBay Authenticity Guarantee will be sent back to the buyer, and a refund will not be issued, if the item is returned in a different condition from which it was received. Learn more about eBay Authenticity Guarantee - opens in new window or tab.
Buyers who have a history of abusing the returns process may be subject to the consequences outlined in our Abusive buyer policy.
What are the guidelines?
To be eligible for a full refund, the exact item you purchased must be returned. Returns that do not meet the below criteria may be subject to a deduction from the refund to cover the loss in the item's value.
General return requirements
Same or unaltered condition (not an exhaustive list):
- Unused, unaltered, with no damage or signs of use outside of the listed item condition or how it was received
- All parts must be intact
- Should be returned with original product packaging: boxes, UPCs, bags or any items used to wrap and protect the item
- Must include all items that were included in the original package, such as cords, cables, remote controls, manuals, warranty and rebate cards, free gifts or bonus items
- Items must have original tags, labels, and/or any accompanying materials that were originally included
Parts & Accessories
- Parts must not be previously installed
Art & Collectibles
- Must include any provided certificates of authenticity, grading or appraisal
- Items should not be removed from sealed packaging
- Items cannot appear washed or used
- Items must have original tags
- Sanitary lining cannot be removed from an undergarment
- Item cannot be altered in any way
- Item cannot be stained (dirt, makeup, food, etc.)
Software, Movies, Music & Games
- Factory seal must not be broken/opened
Activity on eBay is required to:
- Follow all applicable laws
- Respect the rights of third parties
- Follow the eBay User Agreement
- Follow this eBay policy
If activity doesn’t meet these requirements, eBay may take action consistent with applicable laws and the eBay User Agreement, and may even be legally required to do so. Such actions may include, as an example only: administratively ending listings or cancelling transactions, hiding or lowering the placement of listings in search results, lowering seller rating, restricting buying or selling, forfeiture of fees, loss of buyer or seller protections, restricting access to member communication and rating tools, removing feedback, and account suspension.
Why does eBay have this policy?
We want to make sure eBay is a fair place to sell. In order to make eBay a fair place to sell, we hold our buyers to certain standards. When buyers do not follow these standards we take action on our buyers and we protect our sellers.