The sale of prohibited drugs and drug paraphernalia violates state, federal, and international law, so it's forbidden on eBay.
What is the policy?
The following items are not allowed to be listed on eBay:
- Narcotics, steroids, and other controlled substances (as classified by the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971 and the Misuse of Drugs Regulations 2001 (UK))
- For Ireland:
Narcotics, steroids, and other controlled substances (as classified by the Misuse of Drugs Acts 1977, 1984, and 2015, and the Criminal Justice (Psychoactive Substances) Act 2010)
- Items that claim to provide a "legal high"
- Pipes, or any item marketed as for use with marijuana or illegal drugs
- Tobacco pipes, and other smoking accessories not intended for drug use, are allowed
- Vaporizers intended to be used with alcohol, marijuana, or illegal substances
Activity that doesn't follow eBay policy could result in a range of actions including for example: administratively ending or cancelling listings, hiding or demoting all listings from search results, lowering seller rating, buying or selling restrictions, and account suspension. All fees paid or payable in relation to listings or accounts on which we take any action will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.
Visit Seller Help to find details of any policy issues with your account or listings, and get the information you need to quickly resolve them.
Why does eBay have this policy?
To help keep our community safe, we require that eBay users comply with all federal and state laws and regulations when using eBay. Because the sale of controlled substances is illegal, we don't allow sellers to list these products.