The sale of transit or shipping company property or government-issued documentation or identification cards is restricted or prohibited on eBay.
What is the policy?
The following or similar items are not allowed:
- Government, private transit, or shipping company uniforms and accessories such as hats, pins and scarves. Vintage or collectable uniforms and accessories may be listed if they meet all these requirements:
- The item is 10 years old or older
- It’s no longer in use
- It doesn’t look like a current uniform or accessory
- Government, transit or shipping company property such as vehicles, license plates, keys for vehicles, postbags, company decals and transit documents
- Fake documents, government issued documents or official certificates or diplomas
- Government-issued IDs, passports, birth certificates or license plates
- Collectable license plates are allowed as long as they are expired and at least 3 years old or as allowed by law
- Government-issued medals and certificates for medals
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) plates or rivets
- V5, logbook or similar vehicle registration documents unless they are being listed with the vehicle (in compliance with DVLA requirements)
The following items are restricted:
- Number plates can be sold according to the requirements contained in the Vehicle (Crime) Act 2001: sellers must be registered with the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) and the number plates must comply with British Standards BS AU 145d
- Cherished number licence plates, when sold in accordance with The Road Vehicles (Display of Registration Marks) Regulations 2001
Activity that doesn't follow eBay policy could result in a range of actions including for example: administratively ending or cancelling listings, hiding or demoting all listings from search results, lowering seller rating, buying or selling restrictions, and account suspension. All fees paid or payable in relation to listings or accounts on which we take any action will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.
Visit Seller Help to find details of any policy issues with your account or listings, and get the information you need to quickly resolve them.
Why does eBay have this policy?
This policy helps ensure that important government regulations are followed.