You can also relist your item manually if you need to. For example, if you ended your listing early for some reason but now you want to put it back up on eBay.
When an item is relisted, either automatically or manually, it can take a few hours before it appears on the site.
Automatic relists and renewals
If you select the auto-relist option (if available) when you create your listing:
- Auctions with a duration of 5 days or more will be automatically relisted up to 8 times
- Auctions with a duration of 1 or 3 days will be automatically relisted up to 8 times as a 7-day listing
- Auto-relists are free, except for listings in vehicles categories
If you're using the business tool to create an auction with a duration of 5 days or more:
- You can choose to automatically relist the item by ticking the Automatically relist this item up to 8 times if it doesn't sell box
Automatic relisting is available for most categories, but there are some exclusions (see below). If your item doesn't sell after 8 relists, it will appear in your unsold items - opens in new window or tab.
Categories excluded from automatic relisting
Items in some categories can't be relisted automatically, including:
- Business > Businesses for Sale
- Home & Garden > Real Estate
- Tickets, Travel > Flights
- Tickets, Travel > Tickets
- Tickets, Travel > Travel
- Tickets, Travel > Vouchers, Gift Certificates
Monthly renewals for fixed price listings:
Fixed price listings are set to Good 'Til Cancelled duration by default. This means your listing will renew automatically every month until it sells or you end it.
When you refund a buyer for a return or a cancelled order, we’ll automatically relist your item for you. If you don’t want your item to be relisted, simply untick the Relist item or Relist item after cancellation box when issuing the refund.
In some circumstances, you might need to manually relist your item. For example, if you ended your listing early, or if you didn’t select the auto-relist option for your auction-style listings.
Here's how to manually relist an item:
- In My eBay, find your item in the Unsold - opens in new window or tab section. Under actions, select Relist
- In Seller Hub, tick the box beside the listing on the Manage unsold listings - opens in new window or tab page and select Relist.
Keep in mind that fees for any listing upgrades you've chosen will apply when an item is relisted manually.
How to remove automatic relisting from auction style listings
You can remove automatic relisting from auction style listings in Seller Hub. Here's how:
- Find the Active - opens in new window or tab listing.
- Tick the box beside the listing.
- From Actions, select Remove Automation rules
- Select Remove rule.
If you're using the business tool you can also deselect Automatically relist this item up to 8 times if it doesn't sell in the listing form.