How to contact someone who bought an item from you
Once someone's bought an item from you, you can contact them directly. Select the button below and we'll walk you through the steps.Contact a buyer
How to contact a bidder who hasn't yet won your auction
If you need to get in touch with a bidder while an auction's still underway, we won't be able to give you their contact details, but you can send them a message.
To find a bidder:
- Go to Advanced Search - opens in new window or tab.
- Select By bidder.
- Enter the bidder's username and select Search.
- Select the bidder's username to go to their profile, then select Contact member.
How to share your phone number with buyers
You can also make your phone number available to buyers so they can contact you by phone before and/or after they’ve bought from you. You’ll need to opt in before you can share your number though. Here’s how:
- Go to Account and select Manage communications with buyers - opens in new window or tab.
- Find Share your phone number. If Yes is showing, you're opted in and buyers can see your phone number. Go to step 3 to choose whether you want to show your phone number before and/or after a buyer has bought from you. If No is showing and you want to opt in, select Edit.
- On the Manage your buyers’ questions page, select Share your phone number. Choose between Only show this info after a purchase or Show this info both before and after a purchase.
- Select Submit. You're now opted in and buyers can access your phone number.
When you're opted in, buyers can find your phone number in 3 places on eBay:
- If the buyer selects Other on the Find answers page when they choose Contact seller, they see an option to view your phone number.
- If the buyer continues to the contact form from the Find answers page, they see an option to view your phone number at the bottom of the page.
- If your buyer responds to an email you sent them, they see an option to view your phone number at the bottom of the page.
One of our top priorities is protecting our members so we don't allow contact information to be used to complete sales off our site. When this happens, it poses a risk of fraud and buyers and sellers aren't covered by our protection programmes if something goes wrong. If a buyer asks you to complete a transaction outside of eBay, please contact us to let us know.