When to report a buyer
You should only report a buyer if you think they're violating our policies. Here are a few examples of when to report a buyer:
- The buyer is demanding something that wasn’t offered in the original listing
- You believe the buyer is making a false claim
- You believe the buyer is misusing the eBay Money Back Guarantee or the returns system
- They've asked you to complete a sale off eBay
- They're abusing the bid retraction process, repeatedly bidding and then retracting bids
- They’re messaging you more than what would be considered normal, with no intention of buying the item
How to report a buyer
You can report a buyer to us by selecting the button below:
You can also report a buyer from your Sold items list - opens in new window or tab. Choose Leave feedback from the dropdown menu next to the item, and then select Report buyer.
We take all reports seriously, but please make sure your claims are accurate. Learn more about false reporting of policy violations.