Automatic defect removal
You can find the full list of circumstances that result in automatic removal of a defect in our Seller performance and feedback policy.
In these circumstances, the defect will be removed from your account within 72 hours, so you won't need to contact us.
The transaction defect report - opens in new window or tab provides details on any defects you may have.
Appeal a defect
If the defect you received can’t be removed automatically, you can appeal it if any of the following circumstances apply:
- The buyer opened the request by mistake
- Tracking was uploaded and shows that the acceptance scan was within your handling time
- Tracking was uploaded and shows that the item was delivered to the buyer’s address within the stated estimated delivery date. If the item sold for more than £750, signature confirmation is required
- An item sent through our Global Shipping Programme, Click & Collect, or WINIT arrived on time to the processing centre, but was delayed during international shipping, or the buyer didn't get it
- The transaction was cancelled by eBay, PayPal or the Global Shipping Programme
- You have proof that a returned item was delivered to the wrong address
If you want to appeal a defect, contact us within 90 days of the transaction.