Deliveries may be delayed due to COVID-19. We recommend waiting a few days after the expected delivery date before contacting the seller to let them know that your item hasn’t arrived yet.
You'll find more information on other measures we’ve put in place for buyers in our COVID-19 update page - opens in new window or tab.
If your item hasn't arrived, you're protected by the eBay Money Back Guarantee and can either ask the seller for a refund, or for them to send you a replacement item (if they have one).
Check your item's delivery information
If your item hasn't arrived yet, the first thing to do is check the delivery information. You can find your item's delivery information by selecting it from your recent purchases above, or in your purchase history. In the delivery information, you can:
- View the estimated delivery date – Your item's estimated delivery date tells you when you should expect to receive the item. If the date hasn't passed yet, your item is probably still in transit.
- Make sure your delivery address is correct – If the delivery address you provided during checkout is incorrect, select Contact the seller on the order's delivery information page and see if they'll cancel the order. They can then relist the item for you to repurchase with the correct address. If the seller has already posted the item, they won't be able to change the address. If possible, we recommend trying to collect your package from the original address
Check with a neighbour in case you weren't home when the package arrived and they took delivery of it for you.
Let the seller know your item hasn't arrived
If the estimated delivery date for your item has passed, and you still haven't received your item, let the seller know. To get started, select the item that's not arrived above, or follow these steps:
- Go to Purchase history - opens in new window or tab.
- Select More actions beside your item and then I didn't receive it.
- Tick the box beside I want a refund or I want the item.
- You have the option of adding a message to the seller.
- Select Send request.
You have 30 days from the estimated delivery date to inform the seller that you didn't receive your item. Once you've told them there's a problem, the seller has 3 business days to provide a delivery update, offer a replacement, or give you a refund. Note that not all sellers offer replacements.
Once you've let the seller know, you can check on the status of your request at any time.
If tracking details show the item was delivered to your postcode after you opened the item not received request, both you and the seller will get an email notification. Your request will then close automatically within 24 hours. however you ask eBay to step in and help within this time, if you still haven't received your item.
Get your refund
If the seller offers to give you your money back, they have 2 business days to issue your refund. When they do, you'll receive an email letting you know.
It usually takes 3 to 5 business days for a PayPal refund to go through. If you paid with a credit card, it may take up to 30 days to process, depending on your card provider.
It's possible that your item may still arrive after you've been issued a refund. If this happens, you should get in touch with the seller and try to reach an agreement on what to do next. You can choose to either:
- Return the item and keep the refund
- Keep the item and arrange to reimburse the seller
Ask eBay to step in and help
Most of the time, if your item hasn't arrived, the seller will resolve your issue for you. However, if the seller hasn't been able to resolve your problem after 3 business days, we're always ready to step in and help.
Learn more about asking eBay for help.
Cancelling your case
If your item arrives, you can choose to cancel your case. Here's how to cancel a case:
- Go to your Purchase history - opens in new window or tab and find the item.
- Select See request details in the More actions dropdown menu.
- Select Close your request and choose your reason from the dropdown menu.
It's important to make sure you're certain you want to cancel a case, as you won't be able to re-open it once it's been closed.
If your item has arrived, and you want to return it for a refund, you'll need to cancel your item not received case and open a return request.