Due to the nature of electronically delivered goods, extra care needs to be taken to prevent intellectual property infringement and minimise risks for buyers.
What is the policy?
Electronically delivered items that are not allowed, include:
- Software keys the seller is not authorised to sell
- Digital copies or codes of movies that were included as part of purchasing a physical movie item. The seller needs to include the physical disc with the sale of the digital copy or code
Electronically delivered items need to be listed in the Everything Else > Information Products category in the classified ad format. If the classified format isn't available on the seller's eBay site, electronically delivered items are not allowed.
Exceptions to this policy include electronically delivered:
- Domain names
- Digital trading cards
- Online gaming virtual items
- NFTs (Non-fungible tokens) may be sold only when they follow the below requirements:
- Sellers must meet the selling requirements described in the Products with eligibility requirements policy
- NFTs cannot contain content that is adult-only in nature, infringes on intellectual property, or doesn't follow eBay policies
- The listing price cannot exceed £10,000 and may not use Auction format or Best Offer
- They may only be listed on the eBay site where the seller is located and be offered only to buyers in their same country
- They must be listed in the correct NFT category and may not be listed in multiple categories
- They may not be sold in combination with a physical item, and the returns policy must be No Returns Accepted
- NFT minting services are not allowed
Activity that doesn't follow eBay policy could result in a range of actions including for example: administratively ending or cancelling listings, hiding or demoting all listings from search results, lowering seller rating, buying or selling restrictions, and account suspension. All fees paid or payable in relation to listings or accounts on which we take any action will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.
Visit Seller Help to find details of any policy issues with your account or listings, and get the information you need to quickly resolve them.
Why does eBay have this policy?
This policy protects buyers from purchasing unauthorised digital items.