How to locate your listing
When you create a listing, your item should appear in eBay searches within 24 hours. To find it, search using keywords in your listing, and apply filters to narrow your results.
If you can't find your listing after 24 hours, go to Selling - opens in new window or tab, and check whether it's active, in draft, or has any other status. The listing needs to be active to be displayed in our search results.
If your listing is active, and it's after 24 hours, here are some quick checks you can do:
- Make sure you didn't misspell anything or run two words together in the item's title
- Look for any typos that have accidentally created swear words in your listing – we block listings that contain swear words from appearing in our search results
- Remove any special characters (! @ / *) from the title
- See if you've created a duplicate listing. If you have, you'll find a note in the Selling section of My eBay or Seller Hub explaining that your listing won't be available until you've received at least one bid on the identical active listing
- Check if it's ok to sell that type of product on eBay. If the item's from a category that's not allowed, we'll have to remove your listing, but we'll send you an email explaining why. Learn more about prohibited or restricted items
Our search feature only displays active listings. If your listing is still in draft, it won't show up.
To keep eBay a safe place for our buyers, we may remove a listing that violates our policies. If we remove one of your listings, we'll send you an email explaining why, with a link to the relevant policy.
If you don't agree with the removal, or have questions, you can contact us by replying to the message.
Some common reasons we remove listings include:
- The item listed is prohibited or restricted. Some items aren't allowed on eBay, or there might be specific rules about how to list the item
- The listing contained material that infringed on others' rights – your item uses another brand's logo, for example
- If your item is allowed on eBay, but the listing was removed, it could be a duplicate listing or you may need to revise the listing to meet our rules