Following the government’s announcement, Argos standalone stores are beginning to re-open and will be available for Click & Collect. Click & Collect continues to be available from over 2,500 collection points including Argos stores in Sainsbury’s and CollectPlus collection points.
Buyers will often choose a Click & Collect postage option when they're looking for the convenience of picking up their item from a nearby location, at a time of their choosing, rather than having to wait at home for a delivery.
How to use Click & Collect
We'll automatically offer Click & Collect on your listings if:
- You're offering a quick dispatch time (0-3 days is ideal)
- Your item weighs no more than 15kg (including packaging) and no one side of the parcel exceeds 90cm, with max dimensions of 0.324 cubic metres. (Any items that are too large or exceed the weight limit will be rejected on arrival at the Click & Collect location and may be disposed of, without reimbursement)
- Your item isn't classified as dangerous or age-restricted
When a buyer chooses Click & Collect, we automatically update the delivery address to that of their chosen eBay Collection Point. An eBay Collection Point code, known as an eCP code (an 8-digit unique identifier code found on your shipping label), will also be added to the address, to make sure your parcel is properly processed at the eBay collection point location.
Simply print your label, making sure the eCP code is clearly visible, and post your package as usual. When it's ready for collection, we'll notify the buyer.
If this eCP number is missing, your parcel will be rejected at the eBay collection point location. In this case, your parcel will be unidentifiable and may be disposed of, without reimbursement. This may cause an ‘Item not received’ case to be raised against you by the buyer.
We'll send your buyers a collection code by email and text message (if you provide us with your mobile number) when it's received at the eBay collection points
You can opt in or out of Click & Collect from your Site Preferences - opens in new window or tab in My eBay.
Benefits of offering Click & Collect
With Click & Collect, you’re offering buyers a convenient delivery option – and it provides a host of additional benefits. Here are just a few:
- Buyers have the convenience and security of a local collection point, which is particularly helpful for large or high-value items.
- Members can pick up their items at a time that suits them from an eBay collection point with evening and weekend opening hours.
- Offering Click & Collect may help your items surface higher in search results.
- Buyers can search for listings that offer Click & Collect.
- We'll automatically include an identification code with the eBay collection point address to make sure the item gets to your buyer.
Visit our Seller Centre to find out more about Click & Collect.