Customise your eBay Shop
You'll find all the tools for managing your Shop, and more, in Seller Hub - opens in new window or tab. You can manage stock, put items on sale, organise your listings within custom categories, select items to feature, and more.
You can find more about managing your Shop in the Seller Centre - opens in new window or tab.
If you haven't opted into Seller Hub, you can do so when you select Manage my Shop.
Put your Shop on holiday
If you need to take a break from your Shop for any reason, you can put it on holiday and hide your fixed price listings so no one will be waiting for items you can't post on time.
You can also leave a note to let your buyers know when you'll be back, and turn on your out of office response to reply to anyone who messages you while you're gone.
Turning on your holiday settings and hiding your fixed price listings
Here's how to put your Shop on holiday and hide your fixed price listings:
- In the Change settings - opens in new window or tab section of the Messages tab in My eBay, select Turn on under holiday settings.
- In the text box, enter a short note to your buyers advising that you're away.
- Tick the box beside Show people the date that you'll be back, and enter your return date.
- To hide your fixed price listings, tick the box beside Keep people from buying your fixed price listings while you're on holiday.
When you're ready to reopen your Shop, simply select Turn off under holiday settings.
If you decide not to hide your fixed price listings, make sure you can still meet your stated handling and dispatch times. Consider extending the handling time on your listings — you can do this on the Active selling page on My eBay.
What to know about holiday settings
- You'll continue to be charged normal fees (such as your eBay Shop subscription fee and listing-related fees) while holiday settings are on
- It can take several days for your listings to become hidden after you update your Shop holiday setting
- When your holiday settings are on, they remain in effect until you turn them off
- When you turn your holiday settings off, it can take several days for your listings to appear in search results
What to know about hiding your fixed price listings
- When you hide your fixed price listings, buyers won't see them in your eBay Shop, search results, or cross-promotions. If a buyer added one of your items to their watch list and tries to purchase it while you're away, they'll see a note stating that you're on holiday and not processing orders
- All auction-style and other listings will continue to appear as they normally do
- Buyers who have already purchased items will still be able to view them
- All other details of your fixed price listings stay the same. For example, listings can expire if they aren't scheduled to be automatically renewed or relisted
- Your fixed price listings remain hidden until you turn off this option in your holiday settings
Turning on your out of office email response
When you turn on your out of office email response, your fixed price listings will still be visible. If you'd like to hide them while you're gone, make sure you turn on your holiday settings by following the instructions above.
Here's how to turn on your out of office response:
- In the Change settings - opens in new window or tab section of the Messages tab in My eBay, select Turn on under Out of office email response.
- Enter your start and end dates. These are the dates during which your out of office email response will be sent to customers who message you.
- Enter the reply you'd like to send customers who message you. Consider including your return date and when they can expect to hear from you.
Changing the name of your Shop
While you can change the name of your Shop in Seller Hub, we don't advise it because any marketing links or bookmarks created by your buyers will no longer work, and your Shop will also be ranked as a new site in some search engine results.
If you still want to change the name of your Shop, the new name can't be:
- The username of another member on eBay, or be misleadingly similar to the username of another eBay member
- Identical or misleadingly similar to another company's name that's protected by trademark law
- A name that contains the word eBay or PayPal, or a name which is misleadingly similar to eBay or PayPal
You can create your own unique Shop categories and put items into two Shop categories at a time at no extra charge.