When you cancel a transaction, it is considered a defect. This may affect your seller performance level, and the buyer can still leave you negative or neutral feedback.
You can cancel a transaction up to 30 days after a sale, even if your buyer has already paid.
There are situations when you can't cancel a sale:
- You've already sent the item
- The buyer has asked us to step in and help because they didn't receive the item
- You've already opened an unpaid item case
How to cancel a sale
You can cancel a sale by selecting the button below, or by going to My eBay or Seller Hub. After you cancel, we'll let the buyer know. If they've already paid, they'll get a refund.
Here's how to cancel a sale in Seller Hub and My eBay:
- In Seller Hub, go to Orders - opens in new window or tab, or in My eBay, go to Sold - opens in new window or tab.
- Find the transaction you want to cancel, and from More actions, select Cancel this order.
- Choose a reason for the cancellation to finish.
Receiving a final value fee credit for a cancelled sale
To receive a final value fee credit, the cancellation must be completed. If the buyer paid using PayPal, the refund is complete when their account is refunded. If they paid using any other method, the refund will be considered complete when they confirm they’ve received their money back.
We'll credit the final value fee to your account 7 to 10 days after the cancellation request is complete. Learn more about requesting a final value fee credit.