How to combine postage fees if the buyer hasn't paid yet
If a buyer is purchasing multiple items from you, and they haven't already benefited from a postage discount, they can select Request total from seller in their shopping basket. You can then send them an invoice with the new combined costs.
First, make sure that combined invoices are enabled on your account. Here's how to check:
- On the Manage postage settings - opens in new window or tab page, select Edit beside Allow combined payments and postage.
- Choose the time period during which you're willing to combine payment for purchased items and select Save.
Then you can issue a combined invoice to your buyer. To do this from My eBay:
- Go to the Sold - opens in new window or tab section of My eBay.
- Select the items you want to combine into a single invoice.
- Add the new postage charge.
- From the Actions menu, select Send Invoice.
To issue a combined invoice from Seller Hub:
- In Seller Hub, go to the Orders tab.
- Tick the box beside any orders that need to be combined.
- Select Send Invoice for any of the orders selected.
Learn more about issuing invoices and combining payments.
You can create rules to automatically offer postage discounts to your buyers. Find out how in our Postage discounts article.
Combining postage fees after the buyer paid
If a buyer has already paid for postage, you can still offer a combined postage discount by refunding them the difference.
If you received payment through PayPal, here's how to send a refund for postage costs:
- In Seller Hub, go to the Orders tab or the Sold - opens in new window or tab section of My eBay.
- Choose one of the items that the buyer purchased and from the dropdown select View the PayPal Transaction.
- You will be redirected to PayPal where you can offer a partial refund to the seller for the excess postage they paid.
Posting combined orders
Once the buyer has completed payment, you can create a postage label from one of the orders and upload that tracking number for all of the items in the new combined order.