You can pick which delivery methods you want to offer your buyers when creating your listing. Depending on whether you're using our quick listing tool or the advanced listing tool, you'll do this in slightly different ways:
On the listing page, scroll down to the Postage section. You can choose to post your item, offer local collection, or offer both options.
- Select postage for me – we calculate your postage based on how other sellers sent similar items
- Select postage myself – you can choose from the list of services and add the postage charges yourself
- Offer local collection only – you'll need to state in your listing where the buyer can pick the item up
If you choose to post your item:
- In Post your item, enter a fixed cost or the package weight and dimensions so we can calculate the cost.
- If you're not happy with the recommended postage service, select Change postage service to choose another option.
- Select the calculated rate, or if you'd like, choose the option to charge a fixed amount and enter the amount. You can also choose to offer free postage and pay it yourself.
If you offer local pickup, enter the postcode for your item location.
- Go to the Postage section.
- Select an existing policy from the Postage policy dropdown or select the three dot menu to create a new postage policy or edit an existing one.
- Under Domestic postage, you can select:
- Flat: Same cost to all buyers
- Courier: heavy and bulky items
- No postage: Local collection only
- If you choose Flat, select your preferred Services.
- Enter the postage cost or select Free P&P.
- Set your dispatch time.
- Select whether you want to post internationally.
- Select Save and close.
You can also choose to set buyer requirements to exclude buyers who have a delivery address in countries you don't want to post to, or have a history of unpaid items. See Setting buyer requirements for more information.
If business policy management is available to you, you can opt in to set up business policies on payment, postage, and returns to apply to all your listings.
Before setting your postage options for an item, have a look to see what options other sellers are offering so your rates are competitive.
Setting your delivery options using a postage rate table
Postage rate tables allow you to assign postage rates to domestic and international locations.
When you set up a postage rate table, buyers will see the postage cost you specify for their delivery address.
There are 3 ways you can specify postage costs in your postage tables:
- By item
- By weight
- By surcharge
To set up postage rate tables:
- Go to My eBay and select the Account - opens in new window or tab tab.
- Select Site Preferences and then Postage preferences.
- Select Edit next to Use postage rate tables.
- Select Item, Weight or Surcharge from the menu.
- Select your regions/countries and enter your postage rates and then Apply.
You can create up to 40 postage rate tables.
Apply the postage rate table to a listing
Postage rate tables only work with listings that use flat-rate postage. You cannot use postage rate tables with calculated postage or freight.
To add a postage rate table when creating your listing simply scroll down to Delivery Details and tick the box beside Use my rate tables.
You can also add postage rate tables to multiple active listings in My eBay > Selling - opens in new window or tab.
Read our guides below for more information on Click & Collect, offering local collection, updating your postage options on live listings, and postage rates.Selling with Click & Collect
Learn more about Click & Collect, where you post the item to the buyer's chosen Argos store.Offering local collection
Find out more about letting buyers collect their item in person.Update your postage charges on live listings
Learn when and how you can change postage costs on an item you've already sold.Postage rates for sellers
Find out about postage rates, and how to calculate your delivery costs.Buying and printing postage labels
Find out how to create and print your postage labels.eBay fulfilment by Orange Connex - opens in new window or tab
Learn more about the available fulfilment and shipping options for business sellers.