You can pick which delivery methods you want to offer your buyers when creating your listing. Depending on whether you're using our quick listing tool or our business tool, you'll do this in slightly different ways:
On the listing page, scroll down to the Postage section. You can choose to post your item, offer local collection, or offer both options.
- Select postage for me – we calculate your postage based on how other sellers sent similar items
- Select postage myself – you can choose from the list of services and add the postage charges yourself
- Offer local collection only – you'll need to state in your listing where the buyer can pick the item up
If you choose to post your item:
- In Post your item, enter a fixed cost or the package weight and dimensions so we can calculate the cost.
- If you're not happy with the recommended postage service, select Change postage service to choose another option.
- Select the calculated rate, or if you'd like, choose the option to charge a fixed amount and enter the amount. You can also choose to offer free postage and pay it yourself.
If you offer local pickup, enter the postcode for your item location.
- On the listing page, scroll down to the Delivery details section.
- Under Domestic postage, you can select:
- Flat: Same cost to all buyers – you can also create your own rate tables detailing your postage charges for each area
- Courier: Large and bulky items
- No postage: Local collection only
- Under Service choose your preferred option(s) from the dropdown menu.
- If you're offering a flat rate, enter the postage cost. You can choose to offer local collection by ticking the box.
- You can also apply any combined postage rules or promotional postage rules by selecting the boxes next to these options.
- Add your package type, weight, and dimensions.
You can also choose to set buyer requirements to exclude buyers who have a delivery address in countries you don't want to post to, or have a history of unpaid items. See Setting buyer requirements for more information.
If business policy management is available to you, you can opt in to set up business policies on payment, postage, and returns to apply to all your listings. If you're eligible, you'll see the opt-in tool in Selling - opens in new window or tab in My eBay.
Before setting your postage options for an item, have a look to see what options other sellers are offering so your rates are competitive.
Read our guides below for more information on Click & Collect, offering local collection, updating your postage options on live listings, and postage rates.
Learn more about Click & Collect, where you post the item to the buyer's chosen Argos store.
Find out more about letting buyers collect their item in person.
Learn when and how you can change postage costs on an item you've already sold.
Find out about postage rates, and how to calculate your delivery costs.
Find out how to create and print your postage labels.