How to set competitive postage costs
Here are some tips for when you're setting up your postage charges:
- Have a look to see what other sellers are charging to post similar items
- Consider building the price of postage into the item's price, so you can offer free postage
- Review our eBay delivery postage rates - opens in new window or tab to see how much it will cost to send your item
- Make sure you're allowing for packaging when checking the item's size and weight
- Decide whether you're going to post internationally, or just within the UK
Our guides below have more information on how you can make your listings more attractive to buyers by offering discounted or combined postage, as well as details on when and how you can change delivery costs after your item has been sold.
When you offer free delivery, your listings might be eligible for an eBay postage message.
Learn how much you can charge for postage and packaging in each of our selling categories.Postage discounts
Learn how to offer postage discounts and create promotional postage rules.Offer combined postage
Find out how to combine postage for customers who buy several of your items.Update your postage charges on live listings
Learn when and how you can change postage costs on an item you've already sold.Global Shipping Programme
With the Global Shipping Programme, all you need to do is send your item to our domestic postage centre and we'll take care of the rest.