Tools to identify missing item specifics
New tools in Seller Hub to update item specifics.
New tools in Seller Hub to update item specifics
Throughout 2019, we emphasised the importance of item specifics and how they increase the visibility of your listings on both eBay and on external search engines. The more data you give us about what you’re selling, the better we can match your item to what a buyer is looking for. Item specifics are the fields in the listing form labelled brand, colour, size, etc.
There are now two places on Seller Hub where you can see which of your active listings have missing item specifics:
- Overview tab - if any Required item specifics are missing from your active listings, you’ll see a Task prompting you to add them.
- Listings tab - on your Active listings page, you’ll see a quick filter that shows how many of your active listings are missing Required item specifics.
After you’ve clicked on the task or on the quick filter, you’ll see an Add item specifics link next to each listing in the Actions column.
Click that link and you’ll see a pop-up window that allows you to add all of the Required item specifics without having to leave the page.
You can scroll down within that pop-up window and also add Recommended item specifics.
More tools to help you find missing Item specifics
- Optiseller’s Aspect Finder tool has driven success for eBay sellers in 2019, and we’re delighted to announce that we’ve now extended this partnership until at least 31 December 2020. Use free of charge and courtesy of eBay* to automatically review your listings, identify missing and required Item specifics, find recommended values, and easily update (either directly on eBay or through another listing tool).
- eBay’s listing forms show you which fields are the most important to fill in by letting you see how often a buyer searched using that item specific over the past 30 days. We’ll put the most important item specifics at the top of the form. It will also show how complete your listing is.
- To simplify the process of adding item specifics, enter a keyword-rich title when creating your listing and we’ll pre-populate many of the item specifics fields for you.
- On your mobile, you can check for active listings which have missing Required item specifics by going to Selling > Active.
Use our new guidance and tools to check if any of your active listings have missing Required item specifics.
Read about the item specifics already required in certain categories
*This eBay offer includes access to the Optiseller Aspect Finder tool for sellers until 31 December. No commitment is required from sellers beyond this date, no payment details are required to redeem this offer, and sellers who redeem the offer will not be charged for use of the tool during the offer period. To avail of this offer, sellers must sign up using the link provided (or if already an existing Optiseller user, by logging In using the link provided).